Nar Shaddaa

BLCKCLONE

After a life of luxury and lust, death was the logic end.

The weapon was not yet into his head that he could already feel it. Nothing would be able to stop it now.

Things were confirmed now, the identity of his aggressor now appeared as clear as crystal. The bounty hunter had seen it too, but how could it be used for their own benefit, this remained unclear, even as the Hutt drew his last breath, and rolled his eyes in agony.

whyl2.jpg

As ShadowFett began to near a great Hutt palace, he saw a man, apparently a criminal, storming out of the front doors. According to Fett's databank, this man was Daz-Ex Ether. The name didn't matter, however--Fett was more interested in the criminal's actions.

He was no vigilante, but there were many things Fett was interested in finding out that this man may relate to. He decided to waylay the man and inquire as to his doings.

The Mandalorian boldly stepped in front of Daz-Ex as he approached, still apparently furious. "Might I inquire as to what the cause for your haste my be?" he asked in a tone that hardly matched the politeness of his words. It was clear that if the man did not stop, he would be in danger.

Fett studied the man's profile. Using his infrared visor, the experienced hunter determined that the man had just been in a tense situation, perhaps even combat, judging from the heat his muscles were radiating and their stressed positioning.

There was something here that ShadowFett needed to know. Regardless of whether the man had met a Jedi or not.

Adrenaline had stopped being secreted into my blood for its stream was slowly decelerating. My senses were still very keen though, for I was facing an unknown environement. This planet had a familiar feeling to it, yet it was unique.

The exit I had taken led to a large footbridge, where walkers were rather few and far between but shining with prescence, and motives most ill. It didn't bother me to be antipathetic in this jungle, for I knew it was the natural selection that ruled this place.

"Might I inquire as to what the cause for your haste my be?" said a stranger, lost in his interfaces, data, thoughts, opinions...

''I just made the world a better place, but I think that some people around here don't agree with me on this call.''

My answer could have been more specific but it would have given this man a bit too much think of. He already seemed confused by my words... Since I did not want to be rude, I point out that I had been a bit too rude with my hosts at the palace behind me.

Since this discussion was going no where I continued on my way, thinking the man knew enough.

Talon's lone interceptor dropped from hyperspace. The Jedi was well rested, and had just finished a rather bland energy bar. As soon as he entered the system, he masked his lightside presence through the Force. Though he anticipated no real trouble, this moon was not particularly welcoming to those who followed the Jedi traditions.

"Alright Zee, bring it in nice and casual." The droid beeped back uncertainly.

The refugee sector was by no means difficult to find. It was quite possibly the lowest slums of the smuggler's moon. Because of this, he was luckily able to land unquestioned and unchecked. Departing from the fighter craft, Talon again hid his lightsaber within his crimson trenchcoat, and instead displayed his blasters.

A little bit of asking around revealed that this Keanu was apparently a well-to-do in the refugee sector. He had played his way to the top, and talking to him might be more difficult than he had hoped. Finding him, however, would be relatively easy. He and his pirate cronies had overtaken one of the larger skyscrapers in the region, and it was within walking distance of his landing pad. Before leaving, he left a final instruction with the droid.

"Stick with the ship, and don't let ANYONE near it." The droid gave a reaffirming toot. R2-Z2 would do his job well.

And then he was headed off towards the mega-structure. Several small street vendors harassed him along the way, trying to persuade him to but one of their cheaply immitated chronometers at a namebrand price. Talon brushed them away without much concern.

As he arrived in the lobby of the structure, which was not surprisingly dimly lit, two shabby protocol droids scanned him for weapons. Concealing his lightsaber did him little good now. Instead of sending him packing back out the door, however, they let him pass. Odd... Though the room was dilapidated and glum, the receptionist at the desk gave him a bright, toothy smile.

"May I help you?"

Talon returned her smile with a slight smile of his own. "I'm here to see Keanu."

"Isn't everyone?" She was speaking more to herself than to Talon. "Do you have an appointment?"

"Uh... no."

"Well that's a shame. I can set you up, but Mr. Keanu doesn't have an opening until next week. Would you like me to schedule?"

"No. I need to see Keanu today."

The receptionist was beginning to give the slightest hint of being irritated. "I'm sorry sir, but that's just not possi..."

She was cut off by a message from her desk. A gruff voice sounded from the holoprojection, but it was difficult for Talon to make out. Whatever had been said made the receptionist go wide-eyed. She was nervous... A moment later, and she again gave a forced smile.

"Keanu will see you now. Turbolift to your right, top floor."

Talon thanked the receptionist, and was on his way up.

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

ShadowFett's curiousity was aroused just enough by the man's response that he stuck a tiny tracker device imperceptably on the man's sleave as he continued on his way. The tracker was small enough to never be noticed and was immune to scanner systems.

However, it's tracking signal had a rather limited range, so Fett followed Daz-Ex at a distance to keep him in range. He wouldn't follow the man for long...just until he either left the planet or until a bounty was posted on his head for the act he had just committed. From his words the bounty hunter had decided that this man had just killed someone or something that had some important position on this planet.

The Mandalorian would simply wait and see if the newly-killed being had enough power to put a sizable bounty on his killer's head shortly after being cloned. It shouldn't be that much longer....

The turbolift ride seemed long, but in reality it might have lasted several minutes. Talon simply watched the numbers of the floors light up as he passed them, and listened to the annoying 'dings'.

The top floor, in direct contrast with the lobby, was actually well lit and very modern. Well cleaned and kept, Talon could guess this was where this 'Keanu' organized his crime syndicate. A protocol droid greeted him as he stepped out of the turbolift.

"I am TC-29, Master Recorder of K Inc. If you would please follow me."

The gold and silver droid turned. Clearly Talon was to follow, but as there was only one hall, it seemed he didn't have much of a choice. The droid led him to a simple set of blast doors. It didn't take a genius to figure out who was on the other side. The droid moved to a control panel, typed in a code, and the doors slid open. TC-29 motioned him in. The doors hissed shut behind him...

The room before him was quite typical for your typical pirate king. It was decorated in a dark, blood red fashion. Several comfortable looking couches arranged in a circular fashion occupied the middle of the room. One whole side of the room was complete window- offering a rather stunning view to the cityscape beyond. On an elevated dais next to the windows rested an elaborate desk and a dark red swivel chair, which of course was swiveled away from him and facing the windows. A clean, well practiced voice came from the chair.

"Please know that I could have had you killed over 100 different ways on your way up." Talon doubted it. "All my droids are rigged with self destruct, the turbo-lift could be deactivated mid-ascension, gun emplacements set in the halls could quite easily blast you into thousands of tiny fragments." The chair swiveled to face him. "Even now, my bodyguards could dismantle you and chuck you into a trash compactor. The list is quite extensive. Take it as a show of trust." He paused. Talon took time to take in the face.

"I am quite aware of the weapons you are carrying, and am also quite aware of what kind of people carry such weapons. But do not think for a second that you could escape here alive if I intended to keep you."

The Jedi retaliated. "Surely if you are so well informed, you are also aware of what happened to your friends on Tatooine."

The pirate swiveled his chair back away from Talon. He paused before he spoke "It is true. I received a comm shortly before your arrival here. You want your ship, and you apparently will stop at nothing to get it." The chair swiveled back. Was he bored?

Talon nodded.

"Well then, don't let me hinder you. I regret to inform you, however, that it is no longer in my service. It served well for the brief time it was under my control, but it seems that one of my... incapable pilots... was not so good at handling it. It apparently shut down on one of our looting raids and crashed over Wayland. That pilot was of course... relieved... of his duties. You could find it there, but unfortunately you will have to pay retribution for what you did on Tatooine."

The pirate king stood. His gruff looking bodyguards stirred from their corners. Did he intend to fight?

Character Sheet

Another thought occured to ShadowFett. He could track this man an infinate distance if he needed to. He was surprised that no bounty had been posted yet. More than likely whoever was killed was not important enough to put a bounty on his head.

But his mind was changed when he tapped into a local news channel from within his helmet and found out that the infamous Whyl the Hutt had been recently killed by a man matching the description of the one Fett was even now following.

He smiled slightly as he thought back to Daz-Ex's comment about making the galaxy a better place, though only in the eyes of some. He shook his head fractionally--when were the beings of the galaxy going to realize that it was never wise to kill a Hutt?

Fett opened a comm channel to his ship. "2277," he said. He was answered with one word. "I need you to find the ship registered under the name of Daz-Ex Ether and secure aboard its hull a homing device. I need to be able to find him if he enters hyperspace."

Though, the Mandalorian mused, only if a bounty was indeed posted. He would give Whyl's organization a little longer. Somehow he couldn't see Whyl being killed without repercussions. All the more reason to follow Daz-Ex now.

2277, meanwhile, took very little time to find the ship and place the homing beacon undetectably aboard. He made his way back to the Night of Vengeance without being spotted.

It was actually quite obvious what the pirate was doing. He intended to make up for his friends personally. Sometimes revenge was sweetest when it was face to face. The Jedi sighed. They never learn.

The bodyguards trained their blasters on Talon, but they clearly only intended on keeping Talon where he was. This would be a fight for their leader. The pirate spoke. "Regretfully, you will never reach your downed ship. My friends will have their honor restored, and by morning, you will be little more than a smoldering heap of bone."

Talon smirked. "And I suppose a big bad pirate king is going to make this happen."

Keanu snarled, and pulled two blaster pistols from below his fine jacket. They were immediately slagged by orbs of plasma. Before they knew what was happening, the bodyguards too had their weapons melted. Astounded at what had happened, the four brutes looked at each others weapons, and then attempted to pounce on the Jedi in the middle. He merely jumped, and the four collided below him. He landed nimbly on top of the uppermost guard, and released a powerful Force blast to render the men below unconscious.

"Surely not the brightest of individuals..."

Keanu was at a loss. He apparently had never seen anyone take out his bodyguards so quickly- or so effortlessly. At any rate, he did not remain idle. He pushed a button on his desk, and several klaxons started ringing. The Jedi rolled his eyes. Fingering the summon feature of his comm link, he alerted Zee to power up and come in for an extraction. He called his lightsaber to hand, and charged directly at the pirate- who stumbled backward. Instead of cutting the enemy down, however, he leapt above his head and sliced through the window- making it easier to break. He shattered through the pane and fell, only to meet with the interceptor flying below.

As he crawled into the cockpit, he spoke aloud to his droid. "It seems we will have to extend our search yet again." Zee, however, was more worried about something else. Beeps preceded words on the screen.

I'VE BEEN MONITORING THE LOCAL HOLONET WHILE YOU'VE BEEN OUT. IT SEEMS WHYL THE HUTT HAS BEEN ASSASINATED HERE ON NAR SHADDA... BY A JEDI.

Since Talon hadn't killed him, that meant someone else had. It also meant that someone else was probably in trouble. Talon piloted the ship away from the pirate's building and sent a highly encrypted and scrambled comm- seeking instruction on the matter.

Character Sheet

The night had crept without any noise between the buildings missing like teeth. The causeway, similar to a river feeding on the melting ice, began to flood with people. I did not like the feeling of the crowd, so I retreated taking shelter behind a corner, where I leaned on the wall, gathering my senses away from the agitation. Truth hit me like a shovel. I had killed someone. Strangely it didn't feel any more unusual. I mean I had already seen it. I already seen someone die, but I had never been the one responsible. I raised my hand and touched my shoulder, and I felt death and how it grazed me. A few moments later I realized I was staring at the sky with no good reason...

I closed my eyes, filled my lungs with all the air I could find. When I opened them, an idea had taken hold of my body, I walked backward, not too fast, making sure I was doing the good thing. I turned around and cut through the ever growing crowd, trying to find the ....exit. That is where I saw the man who had asked me the most particular question earlier. I took no heed of him, and I purposely brushed passed him.

I headed straight toward the gates I had escaped from, and then, just before reaching them I took an abrupt turn in a small corridor smelling like sulphurous vapour. I had started running, trying to find what I was looking for before it was too late. Ventilation was the obvious classic, on my path. I crawled in those large tunnels where I wished I was a mouse, with each angles scratching my side repeatedly. Obviously, I took shortcuts that made me come back to my starting point and to every other exits I did not want to find, until I got heard the sound that I was waiting for.

There was a vibration in the surface of the ventilation tunnels, and a continuous low sound.

The hangars weren't very far. The exit of the tunnel came fortunately behind small boxes and unfortunalty in broken glass. I rose from my rodent position, and became a cat.

The voice that had been all over my mind earlier was coming back. Whispering, murmuring, blowing a windy message in my mind.

”œ...fly...fly...get away...fly...fly....fly........

OOC: Whoops, you don't have a ship.

IC: ShadowFett was surprised when the blip he was tracking stopped moving. He got a little closer, though staying out of sight. He found himself looking at the Ion Raptor II, registered to Rane Scando. The very name made Fett furrow his eyebrows.

Keeping out of sight, the bounty hunter made sure he was at an angle at which he could see the ship but not the cockpit glass. He produced a homing device and threw it onto the ship, calculating that in all probability his query (if indeed a query this man became) did not see the small metallic device moving through the air on its short trip.

It magnetically locked onto the hull of the ship and started to produce unidentifyable and untrackable pulses of information, providing on Fett's seperate and accompanying device the precise location and heading of the tracked ship.

The bounty hunter slipped away and headed towards his own ship, assuming that the man he was tracking for as of yet very little reason was going to steal Rane Scando's ship.

He reached his modified YT-2000 and said to his droid, 2277, "Rane Scando's ship will be lifting off momentarily. We're to track it unless something more intriguing happens real quick. The current operator isn't a Jedi, but I have the feeling I can make some credits off him."

The droid said nothing but started to heat up the ship's systems, readying for takeoff.

Scorp had his instructions in dealing with the Jedi. The only problem would be finding the Jedi. This world was extremly busy it would prove difficult to find a jedi here. He brought his ship in looking for a place to land. Not really finding one at the moment he decided he could wait. Perhaps he could find Talon or maybe he would get lucky and find the Jedi quickly. He doubted it. He was suprised that the Jedi had been reported off planet yet. Well in order to save a life he would need to hurry up and find the indivual.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

A lone X-wing cleared hyperspace, and loomed over the moon below. Isolder kept a safe distance, cautious of Hutt forces. He sent a communication to the surface. There was no doubt any criminals below could monitor it, but the planetoid didn't seem to be reacting to his presence anyway.

"Talon Flick, this is Isolder. I have been sent by Ara-lai. What is the situation down there?"

moon3.jpg

"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good. Nightmare to you!"

*A heavily encrypted comm comes for Agent Fett from Black Sun headquarters on Dubrillion.*

"Agent Fett, this is Kabal Daisaku, go to the Last Call to meet with a very special persona by the name of Faust. I'm sure his reputation precedes him, he has requested Black Sun assistance and I have recommended you. Please take Jag and Drag with you, meet him as soon as possible. Hopefully, this adventure will be a more hands-on challenge for your skills. Daisaku out."

*With that, the comm went silent and clicked off... leaving Fett to his own thoughts with his executive orders.*

Scorp noted another Jedi show up he was keeping track of all the Jedi he knew were around. Himself, Talon and Isolder. Since he could here Isolder's comm there was no true need for him to broadcast anyway. HE could just listen in to get the situation. However knowing his luck they would take it to a private channel. HE wondered in Isolder knew how to handle the JEdi if they captured him. He knew what he was suppose to do. Secure jedi. Find out what happened. But that was about it. He knew he had to protect the Jedi. But what if the Jedi really did kill the Hutt. Should he let the hutts Supports take him. Of flee and return to the Jedi base to perhaps stand trial there. HE decided he would go with the old rule of. Take care of your own. If he did indeed catch the Jedi He would immediatly take him back to saftey. After all this was a fellow jedi he was talking about.

Scorp.jpg

ShadowFett was decidedly caught off-guard by the transmission. He was to meet with Vladimir Faust? The mercenary/bounty hunter was extremely powerful, and it was rumored that he had slain many Jedi, including those only stories now told of.

He would respect Faust, but not be intimidated by him. He was a contact, and one that would likely have him seeing action. Action was what he wanted most of all. Besides, with no bounty to collect on the head of the man he was currently tracking, it seemed pointless to continue to follow him.

Fett sent a quick comm back to Dubrillion requesting that Jag and Draj meet him at the Last Call, rather than having Fett go back to Dubrillion first. The Black Sun Operative then lifted his ship smoothly off the ground, tilted its nose towards space, and glided through the atmosphere.

To Coruscant, he thought. A moment after getting the coordinates locked in (conveniently the coordinates for Coruscant were 0.00), he pulled back the hyperspace levers and disappeared with a flicker of motion too fast for the eye to focus on.

Talon's comm was answered quickly. Two more Jedi had been sent to help, and he received an answering communication from Isolder.

"Talon Flick, this is Isolder. I have been sent by Ara-lai. What is the situation down there?"

The Jedi Master left the comm open from his ship.

"It seems Daz-Ex Ether has been here on Nar Shadda... and has been active. Whyl the Hutt's assassination at the hand of Ether will no doubt have serious repercussions. As a Jedi (present or former), he deserves our help and protection. Presently, I'm still trying to pinpoint his location. Keep an eye on ships leaving the system- look for anything suspicious or out of ordinary. I'm going to do a little bit of... 'investigative' work."

Talon took the ship through a complete U-turn. He had an idea where he could get some information...

Character Sheet

Scorp had indeed been in luck the comm had been left open. Scorp then focused his Scanners at a broader range to check for departing ships in his area. HE then tried to feel out the Jedi with the Force but once again he was unable to. There was simply too much going on for him to find the jedi. HE would have to manually serched quickly.

Scorp.jpg

Isolder sat back in the Final Flash's cockpit, visibly annoyed.

"As you wish Talon, but make sure to notify me when you've found something."

I think it is a waste to wait for more ships leaving Nar Shadda. Daz-Ex is probably long gone by now.

Isolder also didn't think Talon understood the nature of this mission. Daz-Ex had not been on any sort of mission or assignment. He would have to explain himself to the Council, and Isolder fully intended to take Daz there. By force if necessary. But for now, Isolder obeyed observing the planet below for anything suspicious.

moon3.jpg

"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good. Nightmare to you!"

With a subtle shifting of the matter in space, the lone E-Wing emerged from hyperspace. Against the dark aura of the planet, three presences of Jedi shone through like a beacon in a torrent storm...his kind was already here. Strangely, something didn't feel quite right here, like all the pieces weren't in motion...as if something were missing; the link was broken. As if the second Act of the play was set to center stage, his astromech droid patched in a comm through his communication system.

So Daz-Ex isn't here after all...I had a feeling he wouldn't be. I have the feeling I should be worried seeing how the source of the comm is coming from a ship registered to the hunter I fought on Tatooine, but what else do I have to lose?

It appeared as if this mission was going to be easier then he thought, but notions of importance still resonated from the planet in waves...currents in the Force were still drawing him here. He would be back to Nar Shaddaa, but on another today, now his duty was calling him elsewhere. Not wanting to leave his kind in the dark, he opened up a secure and encrypted channel to his three fellow Jedi and spoke.

"This is Andon Colos, I know of Daz-Ex's whereabouts...he's currently on Coruscant. I'll be going alone to meet with him, being his Master and all I'm the only Jedi that he'll actually trust. I'll be sure to keep you updated. I know this boy...he is no murderer, if he killed Whyl there was a good reason behind it."

With that, the comm abruptly ended and the E-Wing was once again in motion through hyperspace. Destination: Coruscant.

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

Scorp leaned back in his chair. HE thought over what Andos had said. Then he thought about what he would do if he was in the same situation.

"I would want to go alone as well."

Scorp thought this over. Well he knew where the Jedi had gone. He knew that the Jedi was going to be confronted. And he Knew that Jedi weren't the best liked people in the galaxy at the moment.

Scorp decided to open a secure and encrypted channel to Isolder and Talon.

"Should we perhaps follow him anyway. HE could easily be going to his death."

Scorp.jpg

"This is Andon Colos, I know of Daz-Ex's whereabouts...he's currently on Coruscant. I'll be going alone to meet with him, being his Master and all I'm the only Jedi that he'll actually trust. I'll be sure to keep you updated. I know this boy...he is no murderer, if he killed Whyl there was a good reason behind it."

Talon had been thrust out of one mission and into another quite suddenly with news of Whyl's death, and he had responded. This new information, however, made Talon's job suddenly easier. It actually explained why Talon hadn't sensed another Jedi on the planet. He was searching for something that wasn't there.

Talon spoke into the channel to answer Scorp and direct the other Jedi.

-----

"Colos knows what he's doing, and if anyone knows Ether it will be him. Death will not be a concern, and I fear interfering might create more problems than solutions."

Even though the saying went 'better safe than sorry', Talon didn't want to have called out two other Jedi for nothing. "Be that as it may, you may follow them if that is your desire. Be advised, however, not to step in unless Colos is in dire need."

Talon sensed Isolder's doubt in Daz-Ex. "And the boy is not to be harmed, Isolder. Question him if you wish, but he is not required to explain himself. His reasons for assassination are his own, and the galaxy offers good riddance to Whyl the Hutt."

He paused. "As Daz-Ex is clearly no longer here, your services on Nar Shadda are no longer requested. I have... other matters to attend to."

-----

Character Sheet

Isolder recieved Talon's message. He did not appreciate the Jedi's tone. Isolder opened up his comm.

"I appreciate the advice Talon, but I will play this out as I have been ordered to. Daz-Ex may have his reasons, but whether they are in line with the Jedi code or not is for the Council to decide. Wyhl was a vile gangster, but a life nonetheless. I have no intention of harming the boy, as long as he makes no move against the Jedi. Go if you wish, I'm sure we can handle him."

Despite his words, the Blademaster/Jedi Knight decided it was best for Colos to get a chance at speaking to Daz first. Isolder would decide if interference was necessary from there.

moon3.jpg

The Renegade Night emerged from hyperspace, the small fighter descending to the planet's surface as it nimbly skimmed low against the horizon, weaving in and out of buildings. Opening his scanners he searched for the Jedi ships once more, locating all three of them within seconds...they hadn't gone anywhere afterall.

No matter, if they want Daz-Ex badly enough they'll track him down...

He said nothing to the woman in the ship with him, his eyes merely locked onto the read-outs on his control panel...hands dancing across the keypad as he locked onto one of the Jedi's ship in particular: Talon Flick. Activating a comm, he opened up a secure channel that only he and Talon would be able to use.

"You were the one that relayed the information to the Jedi Council on the situation here...I need to speak with you. Meet me at the building marked..."

The Jedi Knight trailed off as he scanned around his location, picking out a single skyscraper as the name on the building clearly stood out against the backdrop of the surface.

"...K Inc...whatever the hell that stands for. Don't worry, I won't be too hard to spot."

He cut the comm off short, diverting his attention back to flight as he gently set his E-Wing down a hundred or so yards away from the building. Effortlessly he hopped down from the open cockpit and leaned against his ship, arms crossed across his chest as he sensed Ashley Jade climbing down from the ship as well. Eyes locked forward, he spoke to her.

"Stay close, this place makes the Bowels of Coruscant looks like a primary school field trip to the zoo. Keep your wits about you and blaster within arm's reach..."

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

Ashley stayed silent as Andon guided the ship down, eyes roaming over the landscape before them, taking in the details. The craft landed with a gentle bump, the canopy popping open to allow its two occupants an exit. She watched as Andon jumped down to the ground, leaning over to look beneath the seat before she made the same exit.

Extra blaster. Perfect.

She holstered the blaster on her left hip, tucking a few ammo packs into her pocket before she swung herself down to the ground. She nodded as Andon spoke, well aware that he wouldn't see the movement.

"Well, this should be fun..."

ajslife2.png

[Jade Skywalkers FTW since August '03]

"There is nothing fun about this nor is there any glory to be had. Battles are not determined by which side won, rather by which side is left standing...never forget that. When things cease to be about what needs to be done and instead becomes a game the vision is lost and innocents suffer."

He was beginning to sound like an actual Jedi Knight more and more each day, the maturity evident in his voice. He spoke in a harsher tone then he had expected, it sounded more like a lecture then a response to a simple phrase. He closed his eyes for a moment, before opening them and turning his head towards her.

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to snap. It's just I failed my last apprentice and I'm not too fond of the feeling of letting those down that depend on me."

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

Her question rung in his head, apparently his words had slipped out before he had thought them through fully...his sub-conscious hinting at notions he hid away from his surface train of thought.

"If you want me to be..."

He turned away, his thoughts travelling to his last conversation with Daz-Ex, the sheer pain the boy expressed at Andon's failure to teach him properly flashing across his eyes. Why'd you have to die, Hale, I could really use your guidance right about now.

"...I mean if you'd like to be my apprentice."

He allowed his gaze to lock in a forward position again, hazel eyes scanning for the approach of Talon's ship. He stayed silent for a long furious series of moments before speaking again.

"The life I offer you is not the fairy-tale the stories of old make it out to be. Good and evil are never clearly defined in black and white, choices will come about that may seem wrong but are really right and vice versa. If you choose to stay with me your life will never be your own...your life will belong to every living creature in the galaxy. Their safety comes before your own happiness...could you make that sacrifice?"

He paused as he turned his gaze to her, the weight of the galaxy hidden in the depths of his eyes and his voice even and serious.

"If in your heart of hearts can honestly answer 'yes' to that question then I will take you on as my apprentice."

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

Ashley's gaze focused on something in the distance as she weighed Andon's words carefully. She'd spent time among the Jedi... watched them at work... And yet never really considered what it would mean to be one. The requirements may have seemed harsh, and yet... Everything within her told her it was where she belonged.

Time seemed to stretch on after Andon voiced his question to her, though it wasn't more than a handful of seconds before Ashley snapped herself out of her thoughts and turned her head to look at him.

"Yes."

ajslife2.png

[Jade Skywalkers FTW since August '03]

"Then it's settled...you're now my apprentice. Pay close attention to your surroundings; this planet is your classroom and all that dwell in it are the lessons from which you will learn."

He turned his gaze away from her and again locked his eyes forward, ever present of his surroundings.

"The first lesson is patience. Never hesitate but never jump into a brash course either...take the situation for what it is and observe it...the truth in action will find its way to you."

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png