System: Al'Har System

Orbital Position: 1

Moons: moon-belt

Grid Coordinates: M-4

Physical Information

Class: Terrestrial

Atmosphere: Type 2 Semi-Breathable/Trace Gases

Primary Terrain: toxic cloud-sea, jungles, plateaus, volcanoes

Points of Interest: Koruunal highland, Grandfather's Shoulder, Grandmother's Tears

Societal Information

Indigenous Species: Koruuni, akk dog, vine cat

Immigrated Species: humans

Primary Language(s): Galactic Basic, Koruuni

Faction Affiliation: Jedi Order

Defense Rating:

JediRP Canon History: …to come…

Old description in spoiler:

Haruun Kal is the sole planet of the Al'Har system. The name, coined by its indigenous human population, translates into "Above the Clouds." The apt description stems from the choking, heavier-than-air toxic gases that seep from the planet's innumerable active volcanoes. These gases collect in pockets and valleys; only in the highlands that pierce the poisonous cloud envelope can oxygen-breathing life survive.

It is inhabited by two distinctly different types of people. Non-natives, who have somewhat taken over the planet are called Balawai, they are comprised of all offworlders who came to Haruun Kal to mine the very lucrative spices which can only be found on Haruun Kal. These include thyssel bark, portaak leaf, jinsol, tyruun and lammas wood.

Once these off-worlders ventured into the Jungles of Haruun Kal, they found that the jungle was more deadly than they originally expected. To traverse the Jungles of Haruun Kal was almost certain death, as it held a vast many ways to kill a person.

Not the least of these were the Korunnai, native inhabitants of the planet who made their lives in the jungle and could navigate them safely at will. The natives felt the Balawai were trespassing on their lands and a large war began between the two forces. One, the Balawai rely on technology given to them by seperatist forces during the clone wars to destroy their enemies. The other, the korunnai use much more geurilla-like tactics to win back their jungles.

All Korunnai are sensitive to the force.

The capitol, and only permanent "settlement" on Haruun Kal is the balawai city of Pelek Baw. -Thank you Jareth

This is the location of the Jedi Base. It is to be run by the high ranking members. No one come here until I order it.

((Summary compiled by Amidala Skywalker. Thank you!))

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

Aryian Drops out of hyperspace, rendezvousing with the hyperspace pod he ordered en route, that brought all the personal effects for Aryian, Zeb and Jurha to the planet.

((Happy, guys? lol...))

Aryian waited while the rest of the fleet arrives, opening a comm channel to the rear of his ship.

"How are you guys doing back there? Enjoying the ride? We'll probably resume your training immediately after we land, so if you have any questions, ask them now or when we land, ok? I'm all ears..."

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

In the dead of space, a small starfighter popped out of lightspeed, the Strife Reborn, piloted by Keiran Valoria. As he ran a sensor scan of the system, he detected the knight Aryian Darkfire whom Keiran hardly knew.

He then directed his sensors at the planet below, reviewing its terrain.

"Yet another base, this is becoming rediculous. The sith maintained their base on Mimban for years before we broke it yet we've been jumping from base to base, not even staying for a year in one spot. This has to change., i'm not moving from this base, I swear it."

Keiran continued to ponder as he waited for BC to arrive and construction to begin.

siggggy5ko.jpg

Highly encrypted comm to a certain Jedi (They already know who they are):

'Greetings, Master Jedi. This is Governor Geki of SEED. I seek a peaceful resolution to this conflict which foreshadows our every move at this time. Meet with my representative at the included co-ordinates in deep space, and I'm sure we can work out a mutually beneficial resolution to our quandary. Thank you for your time.'

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

"Thanks for our stuff, Aryian," Jurha said over the comm.

"Er, so where are we? And what are we doing?" she asked politely.

After Aryian explained Jurha sat on one of the couches in the cabin of the ship. She was beginning to get sleepy.

She yawned, "I'm gonna take a nap guys. Let me know when we're planet side or whatever."

She curled up on the couch and fell asleep shortly.

((I'm going to be unable to post for one or two days.))

jurhasiggy.bmp

God, if you're listening, smite this thread.

((Uh, there is no couch, but ok, I get the plot line. *Couch magically appears* lol...))

Aryian notices a ship fall into orbit from hyperspace, transponder signal identifying it as the Strife Reborn. Aryian reminisced...the Strife was Keiran Valoria's old ship, the knight who had trained Ben'a so long ago...

And then the comm came in.

He cut off the comm to the back rooms, instantly flipping the general-range Jedi frequency on.

"Keiran (Apologies, he doesn't know you are a master yet), did you get that? What do you suggest we do?"

While waiting for an answer, he sent a small thought back to the now-obviously-bored-because-Jurha-is-sleeping Hopeful.

I sensed that you thought that my entering your mind was a violation of your privacy back on Borealis. In fact, it is quite the opposite. I do not have the power to "read minds", however the force allows me to pick up on your random emotions. It is easy, and I shall teach it to you if you wish. That is what I am here for. Just nod yes if you do, I'll know.

Blz1mwg.png

As Aryian's comm came through, Keiran keyed a response.

"I think we should jump on this oppurtunity however I'll have to ask permission from BC first, I'll send a comm out, one sec"

Keiran sent out a comm to BC on Gala and waited.

siggggy5ko.jpg

The Stellar Princess popped out of hyperspace before going into orbit around Haruun Kal. The camasii pilot did a quick scan of the planet, before locating a few jedi starships. Moments later, the ship broke thorough Haruun Kal's atmosphere and toched down nearby the rest of the jedi ships.

Camsie stepped out of the ship somberly, before lightening up at the sight of his surroundings. Trees... It's been so long since I saw a jungle planet. Perhaps I can find a nice waterfall to meditate under sometime.

linksigcopy4cr.jpg

Armiena followed her master's steps a couple of seconds behind him. Her opinion of this planet was very different, as she thought of jungle planets as wet, humid, warm....

A soft buzzing around her ears reminded her why she really hated jungle planets. The bugs... billions of nasty, blood-sucking things, waiting to take a ill-gotten sip of your blood. She didn't even like the idea of parasitism.

"You don't want to do this." she said to the little fly that came to a rest on her arm. She flicked it away with her finger. Sadly for the insect, it had little common sense. It came back to rest, eager for an undeserved meal. Armiena sighed as she slapped the bug, and flicked its remains off her forearm.

Great. The bugs weren't only parasitic, but also stupid and persistent. Not a good combination.

drayyy.png

-Comm to Jedi Base-

I need no more than two Jedi to help our newly made allies the Hutts. The Imperials have amasses a large force there and this is our chance to crush them. No more than two!

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

Keiran heard BC's comm and leapt up, keying his comm and broadcasting to the other jedi in space.

"As the most senior jedi here, I'm definitely going, as I also have one of the most powerful ships in the order. Whoever else wants may come, but if you have an apprentice you must either leave him or her behind or not go yourself. Be sure your ship is spaceworthy for a fight as well."

With that, the Strife Reborn was in hyperspace, enroute to Tatooine.

siggggy5ko.jpg

Aryian's scanners saw the other ship land (we were still in orbit).

Flipping open a comm to the back quarters, he spoke.

"Guys, this is where we get off. I should go, but there are other Jedi in the order, and you still need your training."

Aryian took only ten minutes landing the Blur, having fun with maneuvers as he did so. He missed piloting...

As they debarked onto the jungle planet's surface, Aryian noted several small prefab buildings that, no doubt, had been built by Jedi droids. They were probably places for storage, sleeping, and eating. Perfect, and this was all he needed.

He watched as the two hopefuls walked down the boarding ramp, Jurha tired, Zeb shifty. He quickly addressed them, pointing to a triad of three small buildings marked for sleeping.

"Those will be ours for now," he pointed again, "And there is where we shall eat. But for right now, I wish to teach you in the ways of the force. And for that, we shall need seclusion. Besides, camping is fun!"

He had a grin on his face as he walked into one of the supply buildings, returning with three lightsabers, handing them each one. The third he clipped to his belt, and it had no controls whatsoever on it's outside.

"These we will need, for the forest can be dangerous. We will go where the force tells us, which for Jedi is often our gut instincts. Zeb, Why don't you lead us first? Where shall we go into the forest? Any direction but up and down."

He smirked at that last bit, trying to be as friendly as possible to the young man.

((your guys's stuff is in those three buildings, if you must have it... ))

Blz1mwg.png

The jungles above the clouds here reminded Ben'a a lot of the dense swamps of Naboo, except that they weren't as damp. The Jedi Knight didn't fancy having to venture into the low-lying miasma, so rather then resort to the attitude of grousing that the others were favoring, he counted his blessings. And besides, he knew how to take care of the bug problem -- a little Force-trick does it, or so they say.

And as he heard the eager voice of his former Master crackling over his personal comm unit, Ben'a hit the reply button. He was smiling to himself all the while, because he could feel the discomfort that Keiran felt at being here..

--comm to Keiran--

"Don't be so hasty about that little claim, friend. I'll be happy to accompany you to Tatooine, but I've got my own new ship to acquire. If I could hitch a ride to Corellia, we could go in together..."

Inwardly, Ben'a wondered how the man would respond. Hopefully, his Hapan fighter could squeeze in both him and Ayevit -- he didn't fancy trying out the new ship without his trusty little trash can...

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

"Well, he didn't wait up for me, did he?" Ben'a mused to himself as he hung up his comm. The Jedi knew that he must find another ride if he wanted to make it to Tatooine in time to help the Hutts, with both his former master and his new starship. After wadering about the perimiter of the newly-constructed base, Ben'a found what he needed -- an unused Delta 7 starfighter. Hopping into the craft's cockpit, he did a scan to see if there was a hyperspace ring for the fighter in orbit. Seeing that there was, he secured Ayevit (who had been busy stunning the jungle flies that were pestering him) into the astromech socket.

Once he was ready, Ben'a lifted the fighter off the ground, taking it gently into orbit to meet up with the ring.

"Ayevit, get a course reading on where we are, and prepare the ship for a drone return. Once we arrive at Corellia, we won't need this little bird anymore."

The droid beeped compliantly, soon signaling the completion of his task. Not bothering to take a last look at the world he was leaving, Ben'a drew back the hyperspace ignition lever, and streaked off into space.

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

OOC ((Sorry it took so long))

IC

Zeb looked around him, not realy caring what way they went. They boy closed his eyes anyways and felt something to his east. The Zabrak raised a hand pointing that way and he began to follow what he hoped was a sign from the Force.

What hurts more: A sword in the gut, Or a knife in the back?

A small freighter emerged from hyperspace, it wasnt much to look at, but it got Nom to where he wanted to go, which was a plus in his book. Nom made a quick scan of the surface and then started his decent towards the many jungles of Haruun Kal.

He landed next to another ship that Nom guessed belonged to another Jedi. As he emerged from his ship, Nom caught sight of a Jedi that he had not seen before(Velhart).

Nom approached him with a grin on his face. He hated formalities.

"Hello I am Jedi knight Nom Anorus, I would like to participate in the construction and or maintainance of the new Jedi base. I hope I am able to assist you."

Nom took a quick glance around, he didn't see anyone else. He felt something similar to the presence of Jurha and Zeb, they must have been there too. He also felt a presence of a more refined force signature, it must have been a knight who brought them. Nom had a feeling that he would meet up with them in due time.

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

((Hey I am reading shatterpoint now))

Scorp awoke in a cloning chamber. HE groaned this was his second time now. Scorp new the procedure from last time. HE quickly became dressed and wondeed where his items where before remembering they were still on the other planet.

"Gah now I got to go get them"

Scorp suddently had a brief flicker of the force connect with him then disapper. Scorp gave in no thought at all the force would revel itself in time. Scorp wondered what planet he was on. HE payed for a ship with some credits he had in his account and left the world keeping this world well charted.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Jurha followed after Zeb and nodded to Aryian who followed behind them or beside one of them as they traveled through the jungle. So far the undergrowth wasn't very thick and the dense collection of plants weren't living up to their name of jungle. Jurha didn't mind too much. Soon they'd be covered with mud, insect bites, and irritations from plant life. She'd take it all in stride.

She remembered when her dad brought her along to a jungle planet on one of his jobs. She had fond memories of nights by camp fires, telling stories, and counting bug bites. This was going to be nastoglic for her, maybe.

She wondered how Zeb felt about all this. He had grown up on Coruscant. A mechanical jungle, not an organic one.

Jurha looked to Aryian, "So.... are we apprentices to you now?"

jurhasiggy.bmp

God, if you're listening, smite this thread.

Aryian regarded Jurha as they walked.

"My beliefs vary slightly from the Jedi principles, especially because of some of the...experiences...I've been through. An apprenticeship should be mutual. I would love to have you two as my apprentices, I believe I could teach you both many things. One thing I do want from you, however, is a desire to learn. ((And stay on Jnet, lol!)) Without that, as my apprentices you would just be wasting your time. So what do both of you say, are you my apprentices?"

He took the lead, intending to give it to Jurha later, but for now sensing an intimidating presence up ahead. Instantly, his emotions recalled themselves, and his force presence went out, making them all silent and literally invisible to all the animal life. He wanted them to observe, not interfere.

Blz1mwg.png

Zeb listened to their conversation, hoping that he was going the right direction. He had never realy thought about what way he was going but now he was frightened by the tree's and everysound made him think there was some kind of monster hiding in the woods.

The Zabrak wanted to be this man's apprentice... but did not want this relationship to end up like the last master-student relationship.

Aryian kept walking, coming up on a small clearing. Something that looked between a bear and a lion was nuzzling it's cubs in front of a cave that drooped into the ground.

"See that? That animal is one of the most ferocious on the entire planet, and yet it still has a soft side. The force is similar, having both a dark side and a light side. You cannot use one without using the other, and they would not be without one another. We in the Jedi order strive to use only the light side, and we do, even though every now and then a little dark side slips through. The difference is the way we act. We only allow ourselves to be guided by the light, the pureness. The dark side is impure; it is mixed with human emotion, and therefore allows sentient nature to be magnified to an extent that one becomes chaotic..."

He looked on, trying to see what the thoughts were that now ran through the hopefuls' heads.

((Hopefuls because neither one of you agreed to terms yet.))

Blz1mwg.png

Aryian replied to Zeb very serenely.

"The people who only think of the force as a tool are destined for blackened hearts. Even though the force may not be sentient, it still has a will. Think of it as a calm sea. Any actions you, or anybody else, makes has ripples, and eventually those ripples turn into tidal waves. We only follow on the ocean, moved by those different waves caused by the actions of life. The force does have a will, whether or not it is sentient does not matter.

"Jedi and Sith alike go throughout their lives, and each comes up with a different interpretation of the force and how to use it. I'm not trying to put upon you my philosophy of how the force works, instead I only try to open your eyes to create your own. I only wish to teach you that the force is not just some thing to use, for if you use it instead of allowing it to use you, then you are bound to mix your own emotion with it, and thus will eventually fall to the dark side, which I believe is a fate worse than death. The dark side provides power, but it also draws itself from you, until you are a cold empty shell, nothing more than force itself. And without something to support it, collapses in on itself into insanity."

Blz1mwg.png

The desire to get moving overwhelmed Armiena's annoyance with this planet's myriad insects.

"Master, if you don't mind, I'd like to have a look around." She knew that the surrounding jungle was incredibly dangerous, but as long as she kept her wits sharp, and all of her senses open--including her Force sense, which she recently discovered--she'd come out of it unscathed. She hadn't forgotten all of the survival training she had to go through as an ex-Rebel.

Either way, with her vibroshiv and blaster both on her body, she knew she could handle any murderous sentient that decided to ambush her.

drayyy.png

But it was easy for Aryian to pick up on the young boy's disturbing thoughts. He pondered a minute, and then sent a thought to him.

Zeb, the force doesn't control your actions, neither does it use you. It only motivates you to do things. Have you ever felt a desire to go somewhere, or to do a certain thing at a particular time? Many people call it luck or their gut instinct. We Jedi tend to call it the force.

Watching as he rolled his eye to his little joke, he went on.

A long time ago, even before I was...knighted...a wise Jedi master had a good quote. "The force is my ally, and a powerful ally it is." Think about it. You said yourself that it had no sentience, so how could it control you to do something against your will? The force indeed has it's own will, but not so that it will interfere or override your own.

Faith... the word means trusting in something that you cannot sense. Right now, I see you are rather skeptical in the force. Have faith, young one, for the force is not your enemy, and neither is it a leech that saps at your soul.

Walking away fom the clearing, he began to address the two students.

"You both have grasped the basics of levitation, which usually is the building blocks of all force skills. I wish to teah you now the art of projecting your thoughts and emotions at others, rather..."

Like this.

He saw the almost shock on Jurha's face, but Zeb seemed unimpressed, as Aryian had already spoke with him this way before.

"All you must do is concentrate on your particular thought or emotion, and many students start off with a feeling or picture. you could use a phrase, but it is more difficult to grasp that way, as an emotion is raw thought, undefined by words. Then, imagine the other person thinking the same thing. After a few tries, it almost becomes second nature, and with just a little more practice, you can direct thoughts instead of broadcasting them for every force user to pick up on."

He ended with a slight smirk. He contemplated about when he would tell them of his past, or even if he would. Weaknesses can be our strengths, he thought, but should they know about that? And if they do want to be my apprentices...

Aryian silently contemplated this as he studied the two young Jedi students attempting this new feat.

Blz1mwg.png

Zeb felt within himself for an emotion... anything. As he did this he needed to unlock the gate to his heart, in a few moments he had the strongest memory. This memory Had brought tears to his eyes, though he fought to restrain them. He willed his thoughts into the air around him, seeing it like a shockwave.

Zebs memory felt as though you were him.

There was a tall Zabraki standing before him, with the same horn pattern as Zeb. A strong feeling made you think this was his father. Suddenly you felt fear, then heard a blasters report. Zebs father looked confused and shocked for a moment, then collapsed. A fat human held a blaster in his hand and was grinning wickedly before running away. Your vision began to blur as rage and sadness became almoast too great to bear.

When Zebs memory had ended he was punching the ground, crying.

Aryian had water in his eye as he put his hand on Zeb's shoulder.

"Perhaps it is time I told you more about myself. About my...past. I know little about you, and you know nothing of me. It is time that changed."

He motioned to Jurha to stop the exercise momentarily. Closing his eyes, he strained, attempting to do the one thing that he found hardest to do: remember his past.

"A long time ago, about two hundred and twenty years, I was a part of the old Jedi order. Back then, things were a lot different than they are today, and there have been many changed since. I was an apprentice to Jadra Kai at the time, and very proficient in my saber skills. I took my Lightsaber training most seriously, practicing every spare moment.

"I had been chosen to do an exhibition duel for some visiting royalty for another planet with my peer Xal-Dron Kryloth. A few days before, he had visciously betrayed me in a prank that we had pulled off together, thus giving him forgiveness of the deed, and me grueling labor and discipline. That memory burned fresh in my mind as we dueled, and I was very brutal in one of my attacks, striking him down. Later they had told me that I had knocked his lightsaber from him and dealt him a mortal wound in one blow. He did not survive the week.

"Even though it was an accident, and I was sorrowful for my friend, I was expelled from the Jedi order. My master remained sympathetic to me, and visited me often. He allowed me to keep my lightsaber, and through secret lessons, raised me to the theoretical level of knight.

"By that time, I was still in favor with most of the old masters there, even though I had broken the Jedi code and could never be reaccepted to the Jedi order. I was an ambassador for the Jedi, going out into the cosmos for them and negotiating conflicts between people.

"I was on my first assignment twenty years later, settling a dispute at Antiga, when two Sith Lords attacked the base. The only Jedi reinforcements that were there were three Hopefuls who had come along for experience. I, by my mantate, was not allowed to interfere with Jedi affairs unless they were given to me, and thus I could not fight. The two lords quickly tore through the few defenses at the base, and slaughtered the hopefuls brutally.

"I took up two of the fallen hopeful's lightsabers, and confronted the Lords, killing them very swiftly. In the battle, however, I had taken many wounds, and even as medical aid was rushed to me..."

Aryian choked on these words, never really able to believe them himself.

"...I died. Cloning was not allowed back then, so they did not even preservea sample of my DNA to regenerate. How I came back, two hundred years later, I do not know, only that it was the force that brought me back for some reason. Perhaps it was to make up for my sins in my former...life...Perhaps it was just a freak of nature. All I know is that I am here, and all I can do is my best."

He looked each one in the eyes, especially Zeb.

"You see, our weaknesses make us stronger, whether we realize it or not. They prepare you for life's heavy blows. Zeb, I understand now your mistrust in the force. You deserve some. But what you must understand is that you cannot live your life denying yourself what life gave you, the gift of the force. Your parents were slaughtered, and something else may have happened to you, but you still realize that you still have three things going for you: the force, hope, and faith.

"I will be here if you wish to discuss your past with me, to do so is optional. You both may resume the lesson with each other..."

Aryian got up from where he was sitting, moving off a ways into the brush, silently taking a seat on a rock, supposedly meditating. What the others didn't hear were his silent tears from remembering so much of his past, and feeling the pain inside of him from it. That was a milestone for him, and he needed a moment to rest.

((Dang, do my hands hurt from typing all that...*Runs off to grab an icebag...*))

Edited by Guest

Blz1mwg.png